Scope of the Contest. Société Anonyme under name “Hellenic Lotteries S.A.”, having its seat in Athens (112 Athinon Ave.), with TIN 800500383, Athens Τaxation of Commercial S.A. Companies Office (hereinafter the “Organizer”), organizes the present action titled “2ND CHANCE DRAW”, (hereinafter the “Draw”) and “SPECIAL EVENT” (hereinafter the “Event”).
2ND CHANCE DRAW
The 2nd chance draw will be held in accordance with the Regulation and will result in the participation of 50 lucky winners in the special event that will take place in Athens. During the event the participants will have the opportunity to win monetary prizes, as discussed below.
Entitled to participate are only the entries of non-winning tickets. The codes belonging to winning tickets shall not take part in the Draw and shall not have the chance to win a supplementary prize. Furthermore, entitled to participate shall be all legal and permanent residents of Greece who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. The employees of the Organizer, the employees of the rest OPAP Group companies, the owners and the employees of OPAP agencies, as well as their relatives of first and second degree kinship, their spouses and persons deprived of legal capacity, shall be excluded from participating.
- In case the aforementioned participation conditions are not met, the Organizer may cancel an entry, at any stage of the Draw, even during the stage of prize award to the winner.
The participation in the Draw requires the access of the interested persons to the Internet by their own technical means. The Organizer shall not undertake any responsibility as to assuring or assisting the aforementioned persons in terms of Internet access, nor as to the provision of facilitations to any interested person. The access to the website through which the winner may apply for his/her participation in the Draw (www.scratch.gr ) is permitted subject to the terms of operation of the relevant server and subject to the technical and other requirements and specifications of the Draw. Furthermore, the Organizer shall not be held liable for any charge to the participating users which derives from the aforementioned causes. The participants explicitly declare that they have accepted the terms of the 2nd chance Draw and General Data Protection Regulation that have been posted on website http://www. scratch.gr. To participate in the Draw, the players shall have purchased from any authorized point of sale a ticket of SCRATCH special edition game “LUCKY CAT” 2nd chance (2€) and “LUCKY CAT WITH TAIL” 2nd chance (5€) shall enter (or scan) the valid unique Draw code (or QR code) of the draw, which is written on the front side of the ticket, in special field “2nd Chance”. The registration should be on website www.scratch.gr or in the OPAPP application by scanning the QR code, after the player has successfully completed his registration in the "2nd Chance" section of the above website or of this application. Each code corresponds to 2 entries for the € 2 ticket and 5 entries for the € 5 ticket.
The right of participation in the 2nd Chance draw starts on Saturday, September 25th 2021. The closing date of the Draw will be published in website www.scratch.gr . Participants will be notified for the closing date of the draw with message in their registration email. It will be possible to enter the codes only during the term of the action. The relevant field shall not be available after the lapse of the closing date. After the closing date, the player will be able to view his/her codes that participate in the Draw on a respective page of his/her account. Following the completion of the Draw, the players may check whether their codes have won a prize, by visiting the website www.scratch.gr or via OPAPP application. After the draw, players will have the opportunity, through the website www.scratch.gr or the application to check if their codes have won participation in the special event.
- The Draw will be held in "KAPA STUDIOS" (Gialos pos. Spata, post.code 19004) in the presence of representatives of Hellenic Lottteries (HL) and HL Draw Committee. The exact date of the Draw will be published in website www.scratch.gr . Participants will be notified for the closing date of the draw via e-mail to the address that they declared when entering their details to participate in the Draw. The Organizer holds the right to change the date and time of the Draw posting without delay and in any case before the Draw all the relevant information on the website www.scratch.gr. For that reason all participants should visit the aforementioned website and be informed relatively.
For the conduct of the Draw, a draw machine system comprising independent draw machines will be used. The number of draw machines will depend on the number of codes entered. If the number of entries is bigger than one million (e.g. 1.000.000), then the draw machines used will be seven (7). If the number of entries is at least one hundred thousand (e.g. 100.000), then the draw machines used will be six (6), otherwise if the number of entries is at least ten thousand (e.g. 10.000), then the draw machines used will be five (5).
The following will be placed in the draw machine system:
In the first draw machine, as many balls as needed to cover the number of millions or hundred thousand or of ten thousands. For example, if the total entries are 4.120.589 or 454.679 or45.832, then the balls featuring numbers 0 to 4 will be placed in the first draw machine.
In each one of the rest draw machines to be used, ten (10) balls will be placed, featuring numbers 0 to 9.
Then, all draw machines will be set in motion at the same time to stir the balls inside them, and the first number will be drawn through an automatic process.
When the first number is drawn, it will be checked whether the random number formed corresponds to a number that has participated in the Draw.
If the number drawn is among the participating ones, then it will be recorded as the first winning number. If this number has already been drawn or is not among the participating ones or corresponds to player that has already been drawn, then the particular draw will be repeated.
The same process shall be repeated until a total of fifty (50) unique numbers and fifty (50) corresponding runner-ups are found.
- The communication with the winners will be the conducted after the Draw via e-mail to the address that they declared when entering their details to participate in the Draw. The results of the Draw will be posted on www.scratch.gr.
- In case that they cannot be reached in the aforementioned way, then the prize shall be awarded to the first runner-up. After that, the winner shall reply to the respective e-mail, in order to disclose his/her personal details and accept all terms and conditions of the Event, as they have been posted on the website www.scratch.gr and in the OPAPP application, stating this in writing in response to this message. The winner shall reply within 7 days from the initial date of communication via e-mail. During this communication, the winner will be requested to provide his/her full details (full name, telephone number, ID number, and home address), so that his/her identity may be checked and so that he/she can participate in the Event. If the winner does not respond to the communication attempt of the Organizer within the specified time period in this way (e-mail to his/her personal e-mail address, which he/she declared upon registration) or if he/she declares that he/she does not accept the prize, then the prize will be awarded to the first runner-up and so on. If it results from the communication that a winner does not meet the conditions to participate in the Draw, then his/her entry will be canceled and the first runner-up will become winner. After the fulfillment of the Organizer's obligations pursuant to the present and after the delivery of the prizes, the aforementioned details will be kept in accordance with the provisions of the Information on the Processing of Personal Data, which is available on the webpage dedicated to the participation in the 2nd Chance Draw.
- The winner shall have the exclusive responsibility to provide his/her details fully and correctly. The provision of incomplete, false or untrue details of the winner gives the Organizer the right to exclude him/her from the Draw.
- The winner may be canceled at any stage, including even that of prize delivery, for the following reasons:
- - in case that, for any reason, he/she has not fully accepted the present terms, which are all considered to be substantial, or does not fully meet them;
- - due to his/her impediment, based on the present Detailed Terms;
- - in case that, for any reason, the communication with the winner is not possible within the deadlines specified in the present terms;
- - Due to legal incapacity.
The 2nd chance draw will give the chance to 50 winners to participate in the Special Event with entertaining character that will take place in Athens.
All travel and accommodation expenses, of the 50 winners which will participate in order to take part in the Εvent and their chaperons (each participant has one chaperon), will be covered by Hellenic Lotteries SA, with a maximum coverage amount of € 500 per participant (including chaperon). Expenses will be covered after the submission of all appropriate documents (accommodation and transfer). The choice of means of transport and accommodation is at the absolute discretion of the participants. Participants will be informed for the detailed submission of expenses documents process via email to the address that they declared when entering their details to participate in the Draw.
During the Event, 3 draws will be occurred:
- - In the first draw, 47 out of 50 winners will win 1.000€ each.
- - In the second draw, 1 out of 3 remaining winners will win 5.000€ and the 2nd remaining winner will win 10.000€.
- - During the final draw, the 50th winner wil have the chance to win one guaranteed prize, from 100.000€, up to 1.000.000€. More specifically, the big winner can win 100.000€, or 250.000€, or 500.000€ or 1.000.000€.
The special event will take place at a date later than the 2nd Chance draw, from which the 50 winners will occur until 31/12/2022. The Organizer can offer the prize during this period.
In order to participate to the Event, it is essential for the 50 winners, to consent in writing prior the Event to the possible publication of their identity (First Name and/or fist letter of Last Name) when communicating and informing the public on all possible media for the event and the winners to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the 2nd Chance contest.
Otherwise the Organizer may cancel participation in any stage of the Event, even when awarding the prize to the winner.
The Organizer holds the right to publish on all media the Event, the draws, the prizes and the big winners. Participation in the Event presupposes the acceptance by the winners of the 2nd chance, the terms and conditions of the Event and their consent to the possible publication of their identity during their communication with a message in their personal e-mail.
- 1. The Event will take place in Athens. The exact date of the Event will be published in website www.scratch.gr . Participants will be notified for the exact date & place of the Event via e-mail to the address that they declared when entering their details to participate in the Draw. The Organizer holds the right to modify the date, hour and place of the event, by uploading and always before the event all relevant information in the website www.scratch.gr and OPAPP application. For that reason all 50 winners and runner-ups should visit the aforementioned website and application and inform relatively.
In the 1st draw where 47 of the 50 lucky winners will win € 1,000 each, 1 draw will be used. There will be 50 balls in the lottery with the numbers from 1 to 50. Previously each number from 1 to 50 will correspond to the surname of each participant in alphabetical order, and will be communicated to the participants. After matching the numbers with the last name of each participant, the draw is set in motion to shuffle the balls in it and to automatically highlight the first number.
The process is repeated until a total of three (3) numbers are found, which correspond to the three winners that will qualify for the 2nd draw. All the remaining 47 winners will win € 1,000 each.
In the 2nd draw where 1 of the 3 remaining lucky winners will win € 5,000 and the 2nd remaining € 10,000, 1 draw will be used. There will be 3 balls in the lottery with the numbers from 1 to 3. Previously, each number from 1 to 3 will correspond to the surname of each participant in alphabetical order. And will be notified to the participants. After matching the numbers with the last name of each participant, the draw is set in motion to shuffle the beads in it and to automatically highlight the first number.
After the announcement of the first number corresponding to the 1st winner of € 5,000, the remaining 2 balls are placed back in the draw, which is set in motion to shuffle the balls in it and to automatically highlight the second number. The second number that emerges corresponds to the 2nd lucky winner who wins € 10,000.
In the 3rd and final draw where the 50th lucky winner will have the opportunity to win a guaranteed grand prize, 2 draws will be used. In the first draw there will be ten balls numbered from 0 to 9, and in the second draw also 10 balls numbered from 0 to 9. Previously the remaining lucky winner will be given the right to match each number from 00 to 99, with the corresponding how much. The distribution of amounts is shown below:
Balls per prize
After matching the numbers with each amount, the draws are set in motion to shuffle the balls in them and to automatically highlight the number. The number drawn corresponds to one of the above amounts.
- 2. The winner may be canceled at any stage, including even that of prize delivery, for the following reasons:
I. in case that, for any reason, he/she has not fully accepted the present terms, which are all considered to be substantial, or does not fully meet them;
II.due to his/her impediment, based on the present Detailed Terms;
III.in case that, for any reason, the communication with the winner is not possible within the deadlines specified in the present terms;
IV. Due to legal incapacity.
- 3. In case of non-attendance at the Event of one or some of the 50 winners who have accepted their above participation and if none of the 50 runners-up agrees to attend the Event, with the result that the number of participants in it decreases of 50 people, then the Event will continue with the remaining number of participants and the number of prizes will be adjusted accordingly
- 4. In the event, including the measures in force to limit the spread of the coronavirus pandemic (covid-19), do not allow the Event to take place then the Event will be accomplished using electronic media at a day and time to be notified to participants via email to the personal email stated during registration.
- 5.Organizer holds the right to announce the names and to publish photos & videos of the winners on OPAP's Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/instaopap/), on its Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/OPAPsocial/), on the Organization’s digital assets or on the mass media (indicatively, on the TV, radio, Internet, social media and press), and to proceed to the advertising promotion and exploitation of any relevant fact, such as the delivery of the prize.
- 6. For any reason, if the winner does not fully accept these terms or does not meet them in full, which are all considered essential, its participation can be canceled at any stage.
Rest Terms and conditions
- 1. The participants shall not have nor obtain any rights to the trademarks, names, logos and other distinctive marks of OPAP and Hellenic Lotteries.
- 2. The prize is personal and it cannot be exchanged, its replacement with another prize cannot be requested nor can it be redeemed in cash at any price.
- 3. The Organizer hold the right to change the number of prizes, by respectively modifying the number of final winners, throughout the term and until the end of the Draw, according to the regulatory framework which governs the Draw. For that reason, all participants should visit the website and application for all information.
- 4. The amount that will be given to the winners, are prizes that result from competitions (case e, par. 1 of article 58 of L.2961 / 2001) and are subject to tax according to article 60, par.3: “The Profits and benefits defined in indent e) of paragraph 1 of Article 58 shall be subject to tax at a rate of twenty percent (20%) after deducting a tax-free amount of one thousand (1,000) euros per item”.
- 5. The Organizer's responsibility shall be limited solely and exclusively to the provision of the planned prize.
- 6. After the end of the Draw and of the prizes’ distribution per the above, any obligation of the Organizer shall cease to apply. The Organizer shall not have nor undertake any obligation toward the participants.
- 7. The Organizer holds the right to modify the present Detailed Terms of the Draw and Event until the draw of 50 winners and the Prizes Award Event correspondingly, if deemed appropriate. The Organizer shall undertake no responsibility regarding any such change. The participation in the Draw requires the unreserved acceptance of the participation terms and it shall mean that the participant waives all relevant claims against the companies.
- 8. The present terms shall be governed by the Greek law and any dispute as to the Draw shall be resolved by the competent Courts of Athens.
- 9. After the end of the Event and the draws from which the cash prizes per participant will result, the winners are obliged to submit the Final Acceptance Form by filling in their details.
- 10. For any reason, if the winner does not fully accept these terms or does not meet them in full, which are all considered essential, at any stage it’s participation may be canceled.